Saturday, November 26, 2005

Taiwan Drama

Went out for a friends birthday party the other night and encountered alittle bit or drama. Went out to this dance club and it was a Tuesday night so not very many people were out and about. I was pretty much oblivious to all the drama going on I was too busy dancing however I found out the jist of what was going on at the end of the night.

The jist is that a foreigner guy had gone out to this same place on Saturday night. On that Saturday night he got very drunk and stole a bottle of very expensive imported alcohol. Apparently he did not remember this and came back to the same place Tuesday night to encounter some trouble. The people working at this place recognized him and took him upstairs to talk. They also took two Taiwanese girls up who were with our group to go talk and be translators. Apparently this foreigner had messed with the wrong place because gangstars show up with baseball bats and golf clubs ready to beat this guy up or at least intimidate him. I didn't see them they didn't come in but they were outside. I had no idea what was going on most of the night I only heard that some guy had stolen something and he had gone to the police station to talk. Only later did I find out what was really going on that they were upstairs and gangsters were involved. So the two Taiwanese girls who don't even know this foreigner had to go talk to this gangster boss apparently, poor girls. The place wanted the foreigner to pay them $50,000 NT to pay for the bottle of alcohol he stole. This seems like an exsorbent amount of money it is about $1700 Canadian. So anyway this guy apparently doesn't remember taking the bottle but the place has him on video camera stealing it. So he sends a friend to go get him money but his friend really phones a Taiwanese police officer he knows to come help. So the police officer comes and its decided that they will sort things out at the police station and is able to take the guy out of there unharmed.

A little bit of drama unfortunatley it took away from the birthday party. Something like this reminds me that I am not in Canada anymore but in Taiwan and things here are run so differently because their system is still developing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Wow.... I didn't know that! It seemed I left too early,ah? I always hear bad things happen in the bar or KTV after midnight, that's why I left so early. (I believe Holiday KTV would be ok. you can enjoy singing songs there.)

Yeap, Navy boy is right! Taiwan is a good place. You will see nice people here and there. Forget thoses Taiwan dramas. Life would be good, hope you still love this place! ^______________^

9:19 AM  
Blogger Asylum said...

Awww! I miss Taiwan! Thanks for the story Sherri.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home