Friday, September 01, 2006

Petty People on the Highway

Driving in Canada is enjoyable although a little boring in comparison to driving in Taiwan. I keep expecting cars to cut me off. I'm not complaining but sometimes I could use a little more stimulus. Anyway last night I had some stimulus on the road in the form of road rage. I was driving on a highway late last night that was under construction. The lanes of the road had changed and you had to drive inbetween the construction pilons on both sides of my lane for about 20 minutes. It was really dark and single lane traffic. It was a bit of an ostacle course so I slowed down my speed. The speed limit was 70km and I was going 90km however apparently that was not fast enought for the jerk behind me. I thought everything was cool however as soon as we were almost out of the construction the jerk turns on his brights so that they are glaring into my back window. Um excuse me what are you doing? Your brights are on? Anyway so the construction ends and the road widens into two lanes again. Jerk behind me speeds up to pass me which is cool I go into the right lane to see if they want to pass and the person in the passenger seat gives me the death glare as they pass me. Alright thats it the war is on. What is your problem? So I keep my brights on so they can get a bit of their own medicine. But the funny thing is the vehicle does not speed off and leave me in the dust as would be indicated by their actions that they wished to do but I proceeed to pass them three times because they were going too slow! Brights blaring into their back window of course and then as soon as I pass they realize, wait, we can't let this person pass so they speed up to redeem themselves. I was going about 120-130km and they were fluctuating between 110-140. Anyway it was quite comical but really people don't you have better things to get angry about! Come on. So petty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Sherri, you're starting to sound like me! I could write a book about road rage and horrible drivers!!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Asylum said...

oh me oh my, beware of people who cant read. Haha, I thought the blog title was, "PRetty People..."! Imagine my horror when , not only were they not pretty, but they were horrible in nature! Shocking!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home