My new apartment in Taipei
If I'm not driving my mototrcyle and I want to get to the city I need to walk over this super cool suspension bridge it is about five minutes walk from my house. On the left of the suspension bridge is Xindian City. I live on the right side of the bridge close to the mountains.
This area is called the Bitan Lake area. It is quite a tourist destination for the Taiwanese and for Chinese New Year it was packed. The Taiwanese especially loved to light fireworks and firecrackers around the bridge and off the bridge. A little bit scary and noisy. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a warzone with all the loud noise from the firecrackers. 
A market that is set up under one side of the bridge.
Heres another shot of the market in the background. This picture was taken from the suspension bridge and you can see all the boats in the water. They are mostly all paddleboats that you paddle with your feet.
Its sooo busy on the bridge because its Chinese New Year!
The lane that I turn down to get to my house. It comes somplete with an archway with Chinese writing and lanterns strung up along the road, very festive, but I think these will be up all year not just for Chinese New Year. The lane is definetly only big enough for a single lane of traffic.
From the main lane you have to turn onto an even smaller lane which is the one that I live on. My place is on the left hand side. That building in front is a temple of some kind they have the red lights, shrine, and always a fire going I assume to put the ghost money into. The man who lives there is a loud talker. As soon as I open my door to go outside I can hear him yammering away.
Heres my new apartment and thats my motorcycle parked out front. It survived the trek from Kaohsiung. Yay. And it only cost $750 NT which is about $35 Canadian dollars.
Living Room.
Living room from the other side.
Bathroom.
Kitchen.
Looking into my bedroom from the doorway.
My bed, not just a mattress on the floor but a real bed and it makes my bedroom feel so much more homier. Plus theres storage under the bed, you can't beat that.
Alright theres my new apartment now you can get an idea of where I'm living now in Taipei.

6 Comments:
SHERRI!!! You're place is AWESOME!! I love it. I think I may have to come visit :D. I hope you're having a great time in Taipei. I miss ya!
Your new place looks great Sherri! Hope you have the same luck with finding a job. We'll be crossing our fingers for you! We love you! J, K, and B (and little baby on the way)
Looks awesome man! Good choice getting out of the heart of the city. Do you have the apartment to yourself? I hope you're enjoying the change, and keep updating us! Miss ya.
Your new place is awesome. I'm so excited for you and the risk you've taken. I must confess, I hadn't been near anyone's blog for a long time so Dana told me about your move the other night when I saw her. I pray that the job hunt will be very fruitful. And you must let me know when you'll be in Canada again.
Are you still living in Taiwan? Shane and I are planning a worldwide trip with a couple of destinations in Asia. Perhaps we can have a little roomie reunion? It would be great to see you!! Hugs from Petra
Very nice site!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home